Please click each section to expand it below.
THE FIRST LESSON
WHEN TO ARRIVE FOR LESSONS
ROUTINE FOR PARENTS
WHAT TO WEAR
STAYING WARM OR COOL
RULES OF THE BARN
We ask that all students commit to taking at least one lesson per week and commit to a Block of Lessons (1 month) at a time. We request a minimum of two weeks’ advance notice in the event that you need to change your lesson schedule or withdraw from lessons.
Payment is due on the first day of the month. If payment is not received by the 5th of the month, a $25 late fee will be automatically added to your Invoice, an additional $5.00 fee will be added each day until the Invoice is paid in full. In that event please check your balance of your Invoice before submitting payment. This must be in the form of cash or eTransfer or a check (payable to Meadow Brook Stables) for the correct and full amount. In the event you are unable to make your (full) payment at that time, your Invoice will be adjusted. Payment must be made prior to your next scheduled lesson, or that lesson will be forfeited. The exception to this is if you are paying weekly for your lessons, you will not get the discounted rate and will be invoiced as such (which must be discussed ahead of time and arrangements made to pay as such) – otherwise it will be assumed you are paying for the whole Block on the 1st and be Invoiced as such.
You are responsible for the cost of all of your scheduled lessons. We schedule lessons at the start of a Lesson Block (i.e. September and October is one lesson block, if your lesson normally falls on a Friday and there are 9 Friday’s between those two months you will be Invoiced for 9 Lessons, if you can’t make it to one of the scheduled lessons in the block you will be required to schedule a Make-Up Lesson. With the exception that you inform us that there is 1 of the 9 lessons you can’t make before you are Invoiced).
NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN.
- Cigarette smoking, cigar smoking, pipe smoking or any other type of smoking are prohibited anywhere on property.
- No alcohol use will be allowed on property. If you are found to be intoxicated you will be removed from the property at once and your boarding contract will be cancelled immediately.
- Dogs are not allowed on the property unless cleared with Meadow Brook Stables Management.
- Clean up after your horse(s) if (s)he soils any of the common areas (this includes the riding arena, yard, or driveway – you do not have to clean up after your horse if they soil on the road or pasture).
- Put things back the way you found them (if you open a door close it, if you unlock a door lock it, if you open/close gates make sure you put them back the way they were, if you turn off the fence to get a horse out turn it back on when you put the horse back in, if you put out obstacles in the arena put them back away when you are done, if you turn on the hose be sure to turn it off when done, if you turn on a light, turn it off when done etc…)
- Do NOT let your horse walk on the lawn, especially in wet conditions, if your horse does walk on the lawn and leave holes you will be responsible for filling the holes and seeding it.
- No guests may ride or handle horses at Meadow Brook Stables without prior permission from Meadow Brook Stables Management.
- An ATSM Approved helmet is mandatory while mounted for any rider under the age of 18.
- All motor vehicles must be parked only in designated parking areas, do NOT park on the grass.
- No borrowing of anyone else’s equipment without their permission. We will not be responsible for or mediate disputes regarding misplaced/stolen/broken equipment.
- Please make sure all tack, brushes, saddles etc are picked up and placed back in the respective area.
- Halters are NOT to be left on horses while in pasture.
Your cooperation in recognizing the importance of these rules, as well as adhering to them, is greatly appreciated. This is your notice of these rules. These rules are for your protection as well as the horses. The above rules are subject to change at management’s discretion, you will be notified in writing of any changes.